Pilot VAT refund for goods purchased by foreigners in Vietnam

On 12/4/2012, Ministry of Finance issued circular 58/TT-BTC, providing  guidance on the implementation No. 05/2012/QĐ-TTg dated 19/1/2012 about the pilot VAT refund for goods purchased by foreigners in Vietnam leaving through Noi Bai International and Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
On 28/5/2012, Ministry of Finance issued No.1317/QĐ-BTC of the correction Circular  58/2012/TT-BTC dated  12/4/2012by Ministry of Finance
This document takes effect from July 1st, 2012 to June 30th, 2014
Thus, VAT refunded goods must satisfy four conditions as following:
- Subject to VAT, unused and allowed on the aircraft;
-  Goods is not on the list of export prohibitions or restrictions;
- There are invoices and refund declaration issued within 30 days from the date of departure;
-  Value on the invoice and VAT refund declaration bought at a store at minimum of 2 million in a day.
The refunded amount is at 85% of the total amount of VAT of goods eligible for tax refund brought by foreigners to the airport when leaving through Noi Bai international airport or Tan Son Nhat international airport.   The remaining 15% is tax refund service fee of commercial banks. The tax refund currency is Vietnam dong.
If foreigners have request to transfer refund from Vietnam dong into foreign freely convertible currencies, the commercial banks will sell foreign currency to foreigners according to the law. Exchange rates depend on rate of commercial banks notice at the time of conversion and in compliance with the rules of the State Bank of Vietnam.
VAT refund for foreigners are  processed immediately after the foreigners complete procedures for invoice inspection and VAT refund declaration before flight hours of at Noi Bai or Tan Son Nhat international airport.
Check out:
Full Circular 58/2012/TT-BTC dated 12/4/2012 by Ministry of Finance (Vietnam)
Full No. 1317/QĐ-BTC  dated 28/5/2012  (Vietnam)


6 Respones to "Pilot VAT refund for goods purchased by foreigners in Vietnam"

Unknown said...

Bài viết rất hay và ý nghĩa. Cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ!.
Lan hồ điệp | Lan hồ điệp tết

22 October 2015 at 22:48
AKON said...

I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! https://larsennash.com/

22 January 2018 at 09:48
Joseph said...

Control accounts for debtors and creditors are the full amounts including VAT that are owed from one party to another. mtdfvat.co.uk

19 December 2018 at 22:02
Joseph Mikel said...

قرأت رسالتك وحصلت عليها بالمعلومات. أنا معجب بالتفاصيل التي شاركتها في هذا المنشور ويكشف كيف تفهم هذا الموضوع بشكل رائع. شكرا لتقاسم هذه المادة هنا. برنامج ضريبة القيمة المضافة

26 December 2018 at 18:13
KGRNAccounting said...

I wish to indicate because of you only to bail me out of this specific trouble. As a consequence of checking through the net and meeting systems that were not beneficial, I thought my life was finished.internal audit firms in dubai

27 February 2019 at 21:23
Developer Kumpulan Remaja said...

AKun SSHtermasuk secara online. Ada banyak cara mendapatkan uang dari Internet,mulai dari menjadi pengembara digital atau dikenal dengan istilah digital nomad, marketing, hingga wirausahawan yang sedang naik daun , ada banyak ide bisnis yang dapat Anda coba di rumah menggunakan laptop dan koneksi internet yang solid. Berikut 10 cara mendapatkan uang dari internet: 1. Bergabung dengan Platform Pelatihan Online Selain membuka jasa online coaching di atas, Anda juga bisa menawarkan keahlian Anda di website pelatihan online, lho. Sudah cukup banyak platform yang menawarkan hal ini. Beberapa di antaranya adalah Clarity.FM dan Coach.me. Jika dibandingkan dengan membuka jasa online coaching sendiri, potensi pendapatan Anda tak terlalu banyak.

13 October 2021 at 18:52

Post a Comment


Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Return to top of page Copyright © 2012 | Lawyers in Vietnam SEOs by seos.name.vn
Lawyers in Vietnam | Set up business in vietnam | Regulatory compliance in vietnam | Dispute lawyers in vietnam | M&A lawyers in Vietnam | Family lawyers in vietnam | Work permit | Work permit in Vietnam